YSU STEM College Scholarship Program
The Youngstown State University College of Science, Engineering, Technology, and Mathematics (STEM) has graciously offered to provide up to two $1,000 one-time scholarships to current senior students of 2019 Mahoning Valley Robotics Challenge competing teams.
Scholarship Program Rules:
- 2019-20 senior students of FRC teams competing at the 2019 MVRC are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship winners must attend Youngstown State University AND major in a STEM field in order to receive their funds.
- A scholarship application consists of an emailed written essay and a completed online application form.
- If a chosen scholarship winner elects not to attend YSU, that scholarship is forfeit.
- The deadline to email your essay and submit your online application form is FRIDAY September 13th at 11:59 PM Eastern time.
- A scholarship review panel will review all applications and determine the group of scholarship finalists.
- Finalist students and their team leaders will be notified via email.
- IMPORTANT - Scholarship finalists MUST BE PRESENT AT THE MVRC to participate in the final interview phase.
- Officials from YSU will be onsite at the MVRC to conduct the interviews of all present finalists and select the final winners.
- Scholarship winners will be announced during the closing ceremonies.
Application Instructions (Written Essay and Online Application Form):
- Applicants are required to write and submit an essay answering the following question - "How has my involvement in FIRST positively impacted my life?"
- Essay document name must be as follows: "MVRC Scholarship – Applicant Name, Team #".
- Essay document header must contain the applicant's name, team number, email address, and phone number.
- Essay document must be submitted in PDF (preferred) or MS-Word format. All other formats will be disqualified.
- Essay body should be no more than one page in length, double-spaced. 12-pt. Times New Roman font is preferred.
- Completed essay must be emailed to email@example.com BEFORE the online registration form is completed.
- Applicant will be asked if they've already emailed their essay as part of the application form process. Consider submission of the online form as an applicant's "signature" that they have completed all required steps.
- APPLICATION LINK! - After emailing the essay, complete your scholarship application by filling out and submitting the online form at this link: