The following awards will be given out at the 2016 Mahoning Valley Robotics Challenge:
- Event Winner Trophy (up to 4 teams)
- Event Finalist Trophy (up to 4 teams)
- Most Charitable – 1st Place (Team that donates the most eligible items toward our Food Drive)
- Also receives $150 in AndyMark gift certificates and a bonus $25 in certificates (spend it on an AndyMark hoodie...or more parts)!
- Most Charitable – 2nd Place (Team that donates the second-most eligible items toward our Food Drive)
- Also receives $75 in AndyMark gift certificates!
In addition to these awards, each team will receive a nomination form in their registration packets upon which they can nominate a single team in each of the following categories:
- Best Tower Scorer
- Best Breacher
- Best Defender
- Team Spirit
- Gracious Professionalism
Teams will turn their completed forms into the Pit Admin table at an instructed time prior to closing ceremonies. Stay tuned for Pit announcements during the event.
*NEW!* MVRC MENTOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
New for 2016, the MVRC is giving teams the opportunity to recognize one of their own team mentors for their special contributions to the team and FIRST in general.
The MVRC Mentor of the Year Award winner will earn a painted plasma-cut steel trophy with a look and feel similar but not identical to the Event Winner and Finalist trophies.
Here are the entry guidelines:
- Only one entry per competing FRC team (i.e. practice bot spots can’t submit entries).
- Nominations must be written by students.
- Students can only nominate mentors on their team.
- One page typed essay entries must be turned in by Monday September 19th so they can be evaluated and a winner selected before event day.
- Entries must clearly indicate nominee name, team number, and team name.
- Please email your team's entry to email@example.com.
- The winner will be announced during the closing awards ceremony.