The following awards will be given out at the 2017 Mahoning Valley Robotics Challenge:
- Event Winner Trophy (up to 4 teams)
- Event Finalist Trophy (up to 4 teams)
- Most Charitable – 1st Place (Team that donates the most eligible items toward our Food Drive)
- Also receives $150 in AndyMark gift certificates and a bonus $25 in certificates (spend it on an AndyMark hoodie...or more parts)!
- Most Charitable – 2nd Place (Team that donates the second-most eligible items toward our Food Drive)
- Also receives $75 in AndyMark gift certificates!
- NEW! Adventurer Award - Automatically awarded to the team that travels the furthest distance to compete at the MVRC
In addition to these awards, each team will receive a nomination form in their registration packets upon which they will nominate a single team in each of the following categories:
- Best Fuel Shooter
- Best Gear Runner
- Best Defender
- Team Spirit
- Gracious Professionalism
Teams will turn their completed forms into the Pit Admin table at an instructed time prior to closing ceremonies. Stay tuned for Pit announcements during the event.
MVRC MENTOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
The MVRC is giving teams the opportunity to recognize one of their own team mentors for their special contributions to the team and FIRST in general.
The MVRC Mentor of the Year Award winner will earn a painted plasma-cut steel trophy with a look and feel similar to the Event Winner and Finalist trophies.
Here are the entry guidelines:
- Previous MVRC Mentor of the Year Award winners are ineligible for consideration.
- Only one entry per competing FRC team (i.e. practice bot spots can’t submit entries).
- Nominations must be written by students.
- Students can only nominate mentors on their team.
- One page typed essay entries must be turned in by Wednesday September 20th so they can be evaluated and a winner selected before event day. ***deadline extended from 9/18 to 9/20***
- Entries must clearly indicate nominee name, team number, and team name.
- Please email your team's entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The winner will be announced during the closing awards ceremony.